The Assessment/Task :
A- Select an organization within UAE and critically evaluate the company’s systems and issues as it pertains to relevant Organizational Behavior topics that can lead to a set of recommendations. The assessment intends to gauge the student’s ability to articulate understanding and the application of key organizational behavior concepts by studying an organization. This will test student’s rational reasoning, knowledge application, and analytical skill as well as clarity of Organizational Behavior concepts in line with the course learning outcomes. Integrate the answers with relevant taught course materials for effectiveness.
B- Assessment Requirement: (questions)
Organizational behavior is defined as the systematic study and application of knowledge about how individuals and groups act within the organizations where they work. Based on the above statement, choose an organization as per the instructions and
Question 1. Critically appraise and demonstrate awareness of the topic of your own choice impact the selected organization’s organizational performance. 10 Marks
Question 2. Analyze the literature (Minimum 10 research articles) relevant to the topic of your own choice identified from the organizational evaluation. 15 Marks
Question 3. Synthesize the findings from the literature review and propose clear innovative recommendations (minimum 5) and conclusions for practitioners to develop and sustain organizational performance. 5 Marks – 10 Marks.
The topic : Influence of Poor Managerial Skills on Teamwork Performance and Productivity
Find below the points to be discussed in the paperwork:
1- How does the manager’s lack of technical background negatively affect guiding the team work?
a. Shows insecurities of being incompetence manager and be reflected in poor decisions making on the team. (Psychological element)
b. Relying on experienced members only and neglecting those with less experience. Which causes a toxic workplace environment and jealousy among the teamwork. (Showing no managerial attitude in elevating those with less experience).
c. The consequences of lack in communication with the teamwork on the flow of the work.
2- Avoiding engaging the teamwork in professional courses offered by the organization.
a. The fear of that the teamwork will take the manager’s position, stopping him from sending the teamwork to any professional courses.
b. The negative impact and results of lack motivations that the manager cause upon the teamwork by not recommending them to join professional/managerial courses.
3- Overall impact on the entire organization of minimizing the role/amount of productivity/ lack motivation of some workers due to the poor quality and insecure managers.
a. Lack of confidence shown by the manager towards the teamwork could result in low self esteem in the teamwork performance individually and generally.
b. Reducing the chances of the teamwork to be promoted as leaders.
The outline of the paperwork
Your Terms of Reference: A good report will tie-in learnings from the readings, relevant and credible academic or business readings, class discussions, and even your personal experience (Attached personal review about the work). A good quality work will should be able to provide an effective answer using facts, course learnings and relevant and credible sources. High quality reports are effective, logical, relevant to the discussion on hand and cognizant of the flow of arguments. Quality does not entail simple repetition of theory, which is already known from the review. Quality contributions helps learning by comparing, contrasting, and synthesizing multiple points of view, clarifying ambiguities, or even provoking debate. Quality contributions are also exemplified by good written language skills where the writer takes care to structure the responses logically, clearly and as concisely as possible.
The following parts of the paper must be observed:
• Title: The title should indicate clearly the focus of the report. It should be brief and, if possible, generate interest in the importance of the report’s content. (Already mentioned above)
• Abstract: This is a brief summary of the report, no longer than half page, which is designed to help the reader decide whether they wish to read the full report. Although it is the first thing to be read, it should be written last and should include the purpose of the report, how the topic was investigated, an overview of the findings, the key recommendations.
Students should also include a list of charts and diagrams (where appropriate) and any appendices.
• Introduction: The purpose of the introduction is to set the scene and show how the chosen topic seeks to address an issue of strategic relevance to students’ organization. A brief explanation of the organizational context that highlight the key issue/problem that are influencing the business and demonstrate a rationale for the report (it is an organization that provide the entire city with most important municipal services). The introduction should also outline the aims and objectives of the study. The aim clarifies what the report is trying to achieve while the objectives are more specific and show how the issue will be addressed. The introduction can also outline the scope of the report including any boundaries or constraints that may apply or affect the progress of the study.
• Literature Review: The purpose of the literature review is to put the issue under investigation into perspective and demonstrate students’ knowledge of the key works and latest trends and technologies on the topic (answer to Question 2).
• Analysis and discussion: The results should be presented as clearly as possible so that they are easily understood and accessible to the reader. Graphs, charts and diagrams can be used to identify the key findings. In this section students should also analyze and interpret the results by drawing on the research students have collected and explaining its significance. In context, this is your answer to Question 1.
• Recommendations: The recommendations should be actionable and feasible in the organizational context. Students should show what needs to be done and why. It is advisable that students prioritize the recommendations that are likely to achieve the greatest effect (answer to Question 3).
• Conclusion: This section draws together the main issues identified in the report and should refer back to the aims and objectives – has the report achieved what it set out to do? This section should not include any new material.
• References: At the end of students’ report student should list of all the publications and other material that students have quoted or made reference to in the report. This enables the reader to follow up on issues of particular interest but is also essential to avoid plagiarism. (e.g., APA style)
There must be 10 references you will find list and attached 5 references use them where it fits and add to them another 5 references:
Reference 1 (Person-organization fit and organization citizenship behavior: modeling the work engagement as a mediator.
Reference 2 (The Impact of Organizational Changes on Increasing Smes Competitiveness).
Reference3 (MANAGERIAL SKILL ACQUISITION AND THE THEORY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT).
Reference4 (General Managerial Skills and External Communication).
Reference5 (Relationship between Knowledge Management and Managerial Skills: The role of creative thinking).
Comments from Customer
Discipline: Organizational Behavior
The Assessment/Task :