A diagnosis can change a patient’s life. In some cases, a patient may react with shock, over-estimating the real-world impact of the diagnosis. The nervous system is complex so diagnoses involving the brain, CNS, PNS, or special senses have the potential to create feelings of panic and hopelessness for patients.
• Selected disease or condition: Optic Nerve Atrophy
• Explain the personal reaction if given this diagnosis.
• Translate the technical description of the condition into a more-accessible explanation for patients.
• Describe how this information could be explained to a patient in order to reduce feelings of nervousness and panic.
• Explain why understanding technical information is important for the healthcare provider and the patient.
• Describe strategies that can be utilized to help make technical information more understandable.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.