The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences defines endocrine disruptors as chemicals that can interfere or affect the functioning of the hormones within the endocrine system. These chemicals can thus disrupt the normal functioning of reproduction, growth, and development of body tissues as well as cause other health problems.
• Selected endocrine disruptor as the focus of your discussion: Triclosan.
• Discuss where this endocrine disruptor is found and explain how the human body is exposed to this type of disruptor.
• Explain the impact of this endocrine disruptor on the endocrine system, including the hormone and gland involved.
o Compare this to the normal functioning of the hormone and gland.
• Discuss the short term versus the long-term exposure to this type of disruptor on the body and any health consequences that can result from it.
• Discuss ways those affected can avoid an endocrine disruptor. Act as a healthcare professional and educate them on ways to avoid it as well as give examples of alternatives to use. Be specific.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.